Congratulations on having an article accepted in the Journal of Agricultural Education. Please follow these guidelines when preparing the final version of your manuscript.
General Formatting Instructions
- Remove line numbering.
- Change line spacing from double-space to single-space.
- Insert author names and institution immediately following the title on the first page. For example: John L. Jones, University of Missouri
- Insert keywards immediately following the abstract. Use the following format:
- Keywords: teacher efficacy; self-efficacy; agricultural education; preservice teachers; student teachers
- Add author contact info for all authors on the bottom of the last page in the format of:
- John Jones is a Professor of Agricultural Education in the Department of Agricultural Education at the University of Missouri, 122 Gentry Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, (insert email address here).
- Change all text to Times New Roman, 11pt font.
- Change margins to: top = 1.0 inch, bottom = 1.0 inch, left = 1.25 inch, right = 1.25 inch.
- Leave the manuscript in single column.
- If you omitted state or university names for anonymity, insert appropriate names.
- Please remove all hyperlinks in the text.
- If you used Endnote software to manage citations and references, please remove the Endnote formatting before submitting the manuscript.
- Changes recommended by reviewers should be addressed, especially if the manuscript was accepted "with minor revisions." Include a cover letter that explains the changes you have made. If you do not agree with a recommended change, consult with the editor to determine if a change is needed.
- Re-read the manuscript to make sure it closely adheres to APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition style rules. Pay close attention to tables, figures, references, the use of numbers, spellings, grammar, abbreviations, seriation, etc. Consult the JAE Submission Guidelines for greater detail.
- Double check that the citations in the text exactly match the citations in the reference list.
- Include DOI numbers on all references where available.
- The final manuscript should be saved as a Microsoft Word .docx file. Name the file using the last name of the lead author, the manuscript number, and the word final (e.g. Roberts-2010-0350-Final.docx).
- The Journal of Agricultural Education Publication Agreement must be signed by all authors. Multiple forms are permitted if needed, but please join multiple pages into a single .pdf document. Name the file using the last name of the lead author, the manuscript number, and the words publication agreement (e.g. Roberts-2010-0350-Publication Agreement.pdf). Submit the final document and the publication agreement in the JAE Fast Track system as additional files under the submission number for the manuscript .
You will also need to complete the Journal of Agricultural Education Publication Agreement and submit it with your manuscript.
Please submit your final manuscript and the JAE Publication Agreement through the JAE Fast Track system. The following instructions may be helpful: instruction for submitting final copy of manuscript and related paperwork.